Friday, December 5, 2014

2014-12-05-Day16: SiemReap

Did a tour of a few of the temples in Angkor Wat today. It was plenty hot and humid, so kids limited our time there, but it was truly fantastic. A few pics posted below. Later, the kds enjoyed the pool while I went and got us set up for our bike event tomorrow and my half-marathon on Sunday. In the evening, we went to dinner via tuk tuk, did a little shopping in the night market.

Passing a group of elephants on the way to the temples 

We graduated from teen girls wanting to pose with the boys, to Cambodian monks. I asked the boys which they preferred asking them for pics. They said it was a toss-up. I told them I'd ask again in 5 years.
 
Jenny and I in one of the temples.
 
Me (and Matthew) exploring Ta Prohm, constructed in the 12th century and overgrown by massive trees. Amazing.

 
Mom & Tom riding in a tuk-tuk
 
The kids & I wandering the night market
 
Buying some toys from a street vendor not much older than the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment